The ancient Egyptians first used Aloe Vera as an ingredient in their skincare products and this practice is still used today by manufacturers around the world because of how effective it is. Aloe Vera contains many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and plant growth hormones that all work together to help you achieve beautiful hair, skin, and nails that are long-lasting and gorgeous! Here are the top five Aloe Vera beauty tips for achieving gorgeous skin, hair, and nails.
1) Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate!
Aloe Vera can be used to exfoliate the skin. It will help remove dirt, oil, dead skin cells, and anything else that may be blocking the pores of your skin. Plus it’s gentle on your skin! Apply Aloe Vera to dry or damp skin (depending on how sensitive you are) with a loofah or cloth then scrub in a circular motion. Use warm water to rinse, then pat dry with a fresh towel. You can also use an Aloe Vera gel as a facial moisturizer if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
You can also use Aloe Vera to exfoliate your hair. This will give you soft and smooth hair while removing any buildup of product or dirt. Just apply directly onto your scalp with a gentle massage, then let it sit for about 20 minutes before washing out in warm water. For a deeper treatment, leave it on overnight before washing it out with warm water in the morning!
2) The Anti-Aging Benefits of Aloe Vera
Do you want a skincare routine with anti-aging benefits that are also natural? It doesn’t get any better than using Aloe Vera for the skin. You’ll notice an improvement in your skin tone, texture, elasticity, and general glow from just applying Aloe Vera topically. For hair, the combination of products can give you lustrous locks in a fraction of the time it would take to grow them out naturally.
If you want to get started, simply cut open an aloe leaf, scoop out its gel and apply it directly to your skin. A great natural moisturizer that can be used as a substitute for expensive products on your face or body.
You can also use pure Aloe Vera juice as a hair care treatment by mixing it with apple cider vinegar in equal parts, putting it in a spray bottle, shaking it up, and then applying liberally to clean hair. It will leave your locks silky smooth without weighing them down or giving them an unpleasant scent like some commercial products can do.
3) DIY Face Masks Using Aloe Vera for Skin
- Slather Aloe Vera gel all over your face. After approximately 10 minutes, rinse it off with cold water. This can help to get rid of excess oil, inflammation, or redness in the skin.
- You can also use Aloe Vera as a hair conditioner! If you have dry, frizzy hair, pour some of the juice from an aloe leaf into your palm and massage it into your hair and scalp before getting out of the shower. This will help to moisturize and soften your locks while also adding shine to them!
- To make a body scrub, mix equal parts honey and Aloe Vera gel together until it becomes thick. Add some salt or sugar if desired. Apply this mixture to wet skin and scrub gently using circular motions for about five minutes. Rinse well when finished!
- For hydrated lips, cut open one leaf of Aloe Vera at night time before bedtime and let the goo soak onto a cotton ball so that it can be applied onto your lips during the nighttime hours – just make sure to refrigerate if you are not going to use it right away!
4) Nourish Your Locks With Aloe Vera
If you’re looking to strengthen your hair or give your skin a boost, it’s time to start using Aloe Vera. It’s been used as a beauty aid since ancient times and its anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce redness or inflammation of the skin. For those with dry skin, Aloe Vera is an excellent moisturizer that can be applied directly onto the skin.
It’s also rich in vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties that protect the body from free radicals. Here are our top five ways to use Aloe Vera for healthier locks and better-looking skin:
1) Use Aloe Vera on your scalp when you shampoo instead of conditioner.
2) Use Aloe Vera as a skin moisturizer. Rub a piece of Aloe Vera over your face after washing it in the evening before bed to keep your skin looking young.
3) Use Aloe Vera as a hair gel. Mixing Aloe Vera with water can create a natural hair gel that will help strengthen your locks without weighing them down. If you want to go easy on your hair, try adding a tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel for every cup of liquid. You’ll need more if you have long hair though! The best part about this DIY solution is that it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals as some store-bought brands do.
4) Add a couple of drops of Aloe Vera oil to your hand lotion at night. The healing nature will leave your hands soft and supple while helping soothe any burns they may have incurred throughout the day.
5) Apply pure Aloe Vera gel straight to zits or acne blemishes overnight. By morning they should be considerably smaller and less inflamed thanks to their soothing effects!
5) Get Glow Using Aloe Vera Beauty Tips
Aloe Vera is a plant with extraordinary healing properties. It has been used since ancient times to soothe skin, help heal burns and wounds, treat acne, reduce inflammation in joints, improve digestion, relieve constipation, and promote female health. The leaves are made of 75% water which makes them rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, etc.
Not only are they an excellent source of nutrients but also contain enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) that fight free radicals that cause skin damage due to exposure to the sun or pollutants in the environment. Here are some straightforward suggestions for including Aloe Vera in your regular beauty routine:
1. Apply Aloe Vera gel after every shower on damp skin to keep it moisturized.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of fresh Aloe Vera juice per day for better overall health and hair growth
- Rub freshly extracted raw Aloe Vera gel onto any problem area on your body twice daily – you will notice a significant reduction in size after two weeks
- Use Aloe Vera cream mixed with vitamin E oil to ward off wrinkles and age spots
- Massage dry hair ends before shampooing
So there you have it. My top five favorite Aloe Vera beauty tips. While most of these tips are nothing new, I hope that I have been able to share with you some of the information about Aloe Vera’s benefits that you may not have known before. I would love to know if any of these tips made a difference for your skin or hair and which ones seemed like they could be the best ones to try first! If none of these beauty tricks worked out for you, don’t worry – give it some time and keep researching online or looking through magazines at different ways to care for your skin or hair.
Image Credit: Getty Images