HAIR STREAKING IDEAS? HAIR STREAKING IDEAS! You’ve probably seen tons of hairstyles involving streaks in the past few years, but are you tired of them yet? We don’t think so. Streaking is an interesting way to add color to your hair without making it the main focus of your style, and it has become a new staple in everyone’s haircare regimen! We’re here to give you 7 trendy hair-streaking ideas that will make your friends green with envy! Let’s get started!
1) Add a Pop of Color
Streaks of color are a fun way to add some style and flair to your hair. There are so many colors out there that can match any skin tone and create a cool, trendy look. If you’re looking for an easy way to do it at home, try using hair streaking kits! These kits come with easy-to-use instructions and everything you need in one box, so you don’t have to worry about mixing the colors yourself or running out of the good stuff halfway through.
2) Add Dimension
Hair Streaking Kits
One of the simplest ways to add dimension to your hair is with a hair streaking kit. Hair streaking kits are an easy way for women who don’t feel confident in their skills with a straightener or curling iron to achieve different styles such as ombré, mermaid hair, and balayage that can be tricky with traditional styling methods. They’re also great for those who want a quick change without going through the process of getting their hair professionally done.
2. Rainbow Ombré Hair
This trend is making waves on social media, and it’s easy to see why! Adding rainbow colors throughout your locks creates a fun ombré style that stands out no matter where you go. However, the downside of this style is that you’ll need to touch up each strand every few weeks if you want the colors to remain vibrant and avoid any fading over time.
3. Blonde Balayage Hair
Balayage has been around for years now, but it never gets old—especially when blonde streaks are added into the mix! It’s become one of our favorite trends because it always looks so effortlessly chic when worn with natural makeup.
3) Create Volume
- One of the most popular hairstyles right now is the Balayage, which has been around for a long time but is getting back into the spotlight. This style, which originated in France and is pronounced ba-lay-ZHAY, is where light colors are painted onto the hair from root to tip. The light colors will gradually fade out, giving it a natural appearance. This look can work on all types of hair including curly or straight locks!
- Another popular style for both men and women alike is dreadlocks. This stylish look can be achieved by tying up your hair and letting it grow out naturally or by getting a professional stylist to do it for you!
4) Use as Highlights
1) Ombre – Adding a few streaks of lighter, brighter hair color can make you feel like you have a brand-new hairstyle. This look requires some maintenance and touch-ups every few months or so, but it’s worth it for the change in style.
2) Rainbow – If you’re feeling bold, go for a rainbow streak! You’ll need to blend 3-4 colors together with your natural hair color. It will require more upkeep than ombre, but the payoff is worth it if you love how your new hair looks.
3) Dramatic Cut – If you want to add some flare without any color at all, then take an old hairstyle and cut off one side or part of the front pieces. It’s as simple as that!
5) Make a Statement
Hair streaking is a fun way to break up the monotony of the same old look. While it may seem like the newest trend, hair streaking actually dates back centuries. In ancient Greece, people used saffron or henna as a way of turning their hair red for special occasions. It was also common in Egypt and China. These days, it’s more about adding some flair and personality than anything else, which is why there are so many different styles you can go with.
#1: Rainbow Streaks
This style is perfect if you have medium-length hair because it’s more subtle than some other options.
#2: Long Highlights and Lowlights
This style is perfect for short and long hair because you can show off your whole head of hair in a single go. If you want to take this one step further, you could add streaks of color on top of the highlights or lowlights instead.
#3: Overlayed Colors
If you’re looking for something edgy and daring, this is an excellent option. You’ll need two colors that complement each other well. Apply one color from roots to ends, then layer another color over it from roots to ends using gloves (the gloves will keep that second color from being rubbed into your skin). If you don’t want the risk that comes with mixing two colors together by hand, go with a pre-mixed dye kit. As always when coloring your hair at home, make sure you do a patch test before starting!
6) Color Yourself Happy
Streaking your hair with colors is a great way to change your look without committing too much. With so many colors and styles out there, you should have no trouble finding one that suits you. Plus, they’re an easy way to get some extra attention. They can even be done in between permanent dyes as a quick fix when you just don’t have time for the salon!
7) Use as an Accent
*Accent: Add highlights or lowlights to your natural color. Whether you want subtle or bold changes, this is a great way to add dimension and depth. *Accent: Make the most of your natural texture by adding braids, curls, waves, or updos. The last thing you want is for your hair color to work against your natural texture so it’s important that both work together. *Accent: Try changing your everyday routine by adding temporary streaks (aka hair chalk) for an easy way to change things up without committing long-term.
Hair streaking is a simple, affordable way to add some flair and variety to your look. Whether you’re looking for edgy color or something more subtle, there’s a hair-streaking kit out there for you! Some of the trendiest hair streaking ideas include Ombre, Ombre dip-dye, rainbow hair streaks, marble highlights, and ombré dip-dye. Simply purchase a hair dye kit from your favorite beauty supply store to get started. Follow the directions on the package for the best results. Remember that it’s always essential to use proper safety precautions when doing any kind of coloring. Have fun experimenting with different colors and creating looks that are uniquely you!
Image Credit: Getty Images