If you’ve been intimidated by the thought of applying blush, you’re not alone. To many people, blush seems like such an intricate process that they’d rather skip it altogether than try to master it. But NARS Blush On, a revolutionary cream-to-powder blush, makes applying blush easy and effortless—even if you’ve never tried it before! Here are the steps to getting a flawless finish with NARS Blush On!
Step 1: Prep
NARS Blush On is a beautiful product, but first you need to prep your skin so the makeup applies evenly and looks flawless. First, start by taking off any old or damaged makeup with an oil-free makeup remover. Next, cleanse and moisturize your face. The best products for this are either Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser or Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Wipes (both work great). When you’re finished cleansing your face, you should pat dry it before going on to the next step. Finally, apply a thin layer of moisturizer all over your face – this will help with the application of foundation and keep your skin from getting irritated!
Step 2: Choose Your Shade Wisely
NARS liquid blush comes in a wide range of colors, so it’s important to choose your shade wisely. If you’re using the liquid blush on your cheeks, you want something that will give your skin just the right amount of color without looking too dark or unnatural.
When choosing from the shades, focus on what type of look you want and think about which colors would work best with your skin tone. The other consideration is whether or not you have sensitive skin, as some people find these products irritating.
If this sounds like you, then it might be better to opt for one of the powder blushes instead. The good news is that there are eight shades in the NARS blush Palette.
The idea is to find a shade that complements your skin tone without being too bright or too dark. It’s not uncommon for some brands’ blushes to be one color in-store and another on your skin, so check out as many shades as you can before you choose.
Do also note that some people use lighter colors on their cheeks and darker ones around their eyes, so don’t worry if you have something else in mind. Use these tips when it comes to applying bronzer NARS. This will help you get started with using bronzer NARS correctly.
Step 3: Application
- Create the perfect base with your favorite foundation and concealer.
- Use the angled blush brush to apply your NARS liquid blush starting at the center of your cheekbones and blending outward into your skin’s natural contours.
- For added luminosity, use an illuminating highlighter on top of your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, on your cupid’s bow, and along the tops of your brows.
- Sweep a bit of NARS bronzer onto all areas you want to contour – around the hairline, under the jawline, along temples…
- Add some color back into those lips with one sweep of PLUMERIA or LAGOS lip pencil (or try out our latest LIPSTICK).
- And there you have it! Now you’re ready to step out in full force-looking fresh-faced and totally glowing from head to toe. Remember that NARS powder blush will set everything else. So make sure it goes where it needs to go: apples of cheeks, tops of the forehead, etc.
- Get ready for compliments galore when friends see how healthy and radiant your complexion is!
Step 4: Contour
After applying foundation and concealer, I like to use the bronzer NARS blush palette on my cheekbones and jawline. It really helps make me look more polished and put together. I sweep it with the brush in a back-and-forth motion while rubbing it in so that it blends well with my skin tone.
After applying the bronzer, I blend out any harsh lines or streaks by using the brush’s tapered end. Next, I apply my favorite blush color from the NARS blush Palette. I rub some of the colors onto my fingers first before stroking them into my cheeks. The colors are much pigmented so be careful not to overdo it!
Step 5 (Optional): Finishing Touches
The final step in applying your makeup is making sure that your foundation and blush are blended evenly. Be sure to use a brush or beauty blender, rather than your fingers, because it will give you a more airbrushed finish. You can also apply your bronzer at this point for added warmth. If you have any questions about the best way to use NARS Blush On, feel free to ask us in the comments below!
NARS Liquid Blush is the perfect product for people who want to achieve a natural and healthy-looking complexion. It’s also great for achieving a subtle blush look by applying just the slightest amount of color on the cheeks and forehead. The NARS blush is an ideal product that can be used as both a liquid blush and as an all-over face powder.
Image Credit: Getty Images